Artist Trading Card Extravaganza
The Arts Council of the North Okanagan invites artists of all abilities and artistic styles to an Artist Trading Card Extravaganza to wrap-up Culture Days. Join us at the Vernon Community Arts Centre on Saturday, October 23rd between 2-4pm. We’ll have all the supplies and materials you need to create your own mini artworks that you can trade with others. All you have to bring is your creativity and community spirit.
If you cannot make it in person on October 23rd, artists are welcome to drop off their pre-made mini artworks any time between Friday, September 24th to Saturday, October 23rd. You’ll find a special trading card wall where you can leave one, and take one.
Artist trading cards are miniature works of art, similar to baseball cards, that are created, traded and collected around the world.
1. The overall size of the trading card needs to be 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches but the orientation of the card can go either way.
2. Cards can be created with any media, materials or techniques, but hand drawn and hand painted are typical. Mixed media can be used, but you generally want the art to be flat, so it could fit in a trading card sleeve, similar to those used by sport card or Pokeman card collectors.
3. Please sign and date the back.
4. If the work is created by a child, please note the age of the artist on the back.
5. Cards are always traded and never sold, and it is never ok to trade another artist’s card
6. Put your best effort into the card. While it doesn’t have to be a professional piece of art, you want it to be original and done to the best of your ability, just as you would expect to receive from other participating artists.
7. Have fun, and feel free to make multiple pieces and return to see the wall evolve over the month. Maybe you’ll be lucky to pick up a card from one of your favourite local artists!
8. Use #vernonarts on your social media when you drop off and exchange works so we can have fun seeing what people are creating and collecting!
The Vernon Community Arts Centre is open Monday to Thursday, 9am-9pm and Fridays and Saturdays, 9am to 5pm.