Call to Artists
Call for Artists - ACNO Member's Exhibit
Submission Date: Wednesday, February 3 , 2021
“OPEN SHOW – New Works”
All members of the Arts Council are invited to submit their original artwork for our upcoming show at the Vernon Community Arts Centre Gallery! We’re leaving the theme OPEN which means all mediums, styles, and subjects are welcome, including paint, print, glass, clay, metal, fibre arts, mixed media and more! Please bring in NEW WORKS that you have not shown before.
Exhibit Dates: Friday, Feb 5 to Mon, March 1
Drop off: Wed, February 3 | 9:30am-8:30pm
Pick up: Tues, March 2 | 9:30am-8:30pm
Please note, exhibitors must be members of the Arts Council of the North Okanagan. Wall pieces must be ready to hang, with proper wire attached. All work must be original. If you wish to put your work up for sale, a 25% commission will be charged on all sold works. Gallery space is limited so members can submit 1 or 2 pieces of 2D work. or up to 3 pieces of 3D work. Maximum size for paintings or prints is 24” x 36. Ideally, the width should not exceed 24” so we more space to accomodate our member’s works.
Please read and complete the Artist Entry Form – 2021 and bring in when you submit your work. Copies are available at the front desk, if needed.
Please call us at 250-542-6243 if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing what you create!
Join our Directory of Artists, Musicians, Writers, and other local Creatives!
Submission Date: Friday, January 29 , 2021
In these times of Covid, the Arts Council of the North Okanagan is reaching out to support our members and our entire Arts and Culture community. Whether you are a visual artist, musician, writer, or other creator in our industry, the work you do matters and we want people to know about it.
The ACNO is providing a free platform for members to market their art, and an on-line venue for the community to connect with all the best makers, movers, and shakers! Through an extensive online artist directory and robust digital marketing strategy, we strive to make a positive impact on your bottom line and our local economy. The Arts Council is on a mission to build the relationships that support a vibrant and healthy cultural community for the people of Vernon.
Each Artist/ Group will Receive:
- A feature page on the ACNO website, to be live for one year (possibly more). These pages will look similar to our Group Profiles, such as this one (Woodturners Guild).
- Social Media Exposure through ACNO’s Facebook and Instagram Pages
- Inclusion on the ACNO Events calendar as time and space permits (previously, the Calendar has been exclusively reserved for ACNO Member Groups)
- Exposure to ACNO’s extensive network of followers, subscribers and stakeholders.
Criteria to Participate:
- You are a member of the ACNO (individual, family, or group).
- You are a working or exhibiting artist (visual artist, solo musician/performer) and/or belong to an artist collective, musical group, member club, festival, not-for-profit, arts school, or small business related to arts and culture.
- You reside and/or work in Greater Vernon, the Regional District of the North Okanagan or surrounding areas.
- Your art is current, and at a professional or semi-professional level. This means you have had some form of income and community-based dealings in the past year (market vendor, gallery exhibitor, live performance, etc). If you have questions about this, just call.
- Preference will be given to artists or groups that have been impacted by the pandemic (loss of income/sale opportunities, performances, workshops, etc), however, this is not a requirement.
How to Participate
- Submit an artist bio, artist statement, or short description of your art and your background, written in 3rd person, (ie. “Frank is multi-media artist specializing in large metal sculptures…”). Microsoft Word docs are preferred, but PDF’s will be accepted if you do not have MS Word
- Tell us what you like about being an ACNO Member or what Arts and Culture means to you. Include this at the bottom of your bio or artist descriptor. We will use this for an upcoming social media campaign.
- Submit at least one quality image of your artwork (or other suitable image or reference), and no more than 15 images in total. Jpeg format required, with a resolution of 72 PPI
- Submit any public contact information that you want published on your page (email, phone number, business address).
- Submit links to your arts website, social media, and/or Instagram pages if you have them.
- Send in your submissions by end of day Friday, January 29, 2021
Please note: It is the ACNO’s mandate and objective to encourage and promote excellence in the arts. Therefore, ACNO reserves the right to reject submissions that are incomplete, inaccurate, or do not meet with ACNO standards. The ACNO also reserves the right to reject submissions, content, or images that are deemed inappropriate or in contradiction to ACNO values, standards, and policies.
Please submit information to Sheri Kunzli at [email protected]. If you have any questions about this promo, or your suitability for it, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
If you have any art related employment opportunities, please email [email protected] and we will be happy to post them.
Application Deadline: On-Going
Want to teach a class with us at the Vernon Community Arts Centre? We are always on the lookout for new instructors with fresh ideas! Please fill out an application form and drop it off at the Arts Centre or email [email protected].