Call to Artists
VPAG Member's Exhibit - Exposed!
Submission Date: Wed, October 28, 2020
The Vernon Public Art Gallery is also now receiving applications to its annual members’ exhibition, Exposed!
Open to artwork by established and emerging artists, Exposed! opens Nov. 5 and continues to Dec. 22. Those who wish to submit artwork must be current VPAG members. The deadline for submissions is Oct. 28.
Visit https://www.vernonpublicartgallery.com for more information and to apply.
FREE Marketing & Promotions for Artists, Musicians, Performers!
Submission Date: Friday, November 27, 2020
Attention Local Creativies! The Arts Council of the North Okanagan is reaching out to support our Arts and Culture community by offering free marketing and promotional opportunities to local artists, musicians, and performers.
This is a special offer to ACNO Members during the times Covid-19.
With several artisan markets, events, and venues canceled or unable to resume regular programming, we recognize that many artists have lost opportunities to show and sell their work and/or perform. To compensate for those losses, we are providing a platform for artists to market their work, and a virtual venue for the community to connect with our local makers, movers, and shakers!
Through an extensive online artist directory and robust digital marketing strategy, we strive to make a positive impact on your bottom line and our local economy. The Arts Council is on a mission to build the relationships that support a vibrant and healthy cultural community for the people of Vernon. We’re stronger together, so let’s do this!
Each Artist/ Group will Receive:
- A feature page on the ACNO website, to be live for one year. These pages will look similar to our Group Profiles, such as this one (Woodturners Guild), but would solely be for yourself, or your group.
- Social Media Exposure. Each member or group will get at least one Special Feature on ACNO’s Facebook and Instagram Pages to further promote your art.
- Additional social media posts and further exposure over the next year as time and space permits. This includes ACNO sharing your events and activities.
- Inclusion on the ACNO Events calendar as time and space permits
- Exposure to ACNO’s extensive network of followers, subscribers and stakeholders
Criteria to Participate:
- You are an active member of the ACNO (individual, family, or group).
- You are a working artist (visual artist, solo musician/performer) and/or belong to an artist collective, musical group, member club, festival, not-for-profit, arts school, or small business related to arts and culture.
- You reside and work in Greater Vernon or the Regional District of the North Okanagan or surrounding areas.
- Your art is current, and you work at a professional level. This means you have had some form of income and community-based dealings in the past year (market vendor, gallery exhibitor, live performance, etc).
- Preference will be given to artists or groups that have been impacted by the pandemic (loss of income/sale opportunities, performances, workshops, etc)
How to Participate
- Submit an artist bio, artist statement, or short description of your art and your background, written in 3rd person, (ie. “Frank is multi-media artist specializing in large metal sculptures…”)
- Finish the following sentence “I am an ACNO Member because…..” and include this sentence at the bottom of your bio or artist descriptor. We will use this for a special social media campaign.
- Submit at least one quality image of your artwork, and no more than 15 images in total.
- Submit links to your professional arts website, social media, and Instagram pages. We will not link to personal pages.
- Submit any public contact information that you want published on your page (email, phone number, business address).
- Send in your submissions by end of day Friday, November 27
Please note: It is the ACNO’s mandate and objective to encourage and promote excellence in the arts. Therefore, ACNO reserves the right to reject submissions that are incomplete, inaccurate, or do not meet with ACNO standards. The ACNO also reserves the right to reject submissions, content, or images that are deemed inappropriate or in contradiction to ACNO values, standards, and policies.
Please submit information to Sheri Kunzli at [email protected]
If you have any art related employment opportunities, please email [email protected] and we will be happy to post them.
Application Deadline: On-Going
Want to teach a class with us at the Vernon Community Arts Centre? We are always on the lookout for new instructors with fresh ideas! Please fill out an application form and drop it off at the Arts Centre or email [email protected].